Spring Clean Your Marketing
Did you know that your marketing strategy needs tweaking year-round? Between posting social media posts, writing new content, redesigning, and rebranding, you may have missed some things so here's some tips for sprucing up your marketing campaigns:
1. Google your business and make sure that your digital presence is up to date. This includes Google My Business, social media platforms, and your website. Check and make sure your contact information is correct, your brand message is consistent, that your services and prices are correct, that your URLs work, cover photos are updated, etc.
2. Create fresh, new campaigns! Are you a florist? Mother's Day is the perfect time to advertise your bouquets and specials. Are you a travel agent? Vacation season is right around the corner. If you're a cafe or restaurant, you can announce new menu items such as cold beverages and seasonal dishes. Think about what's coming up in the Spring & Summer and create campaigns that will help you reach your goals.
3. Check in with your marketing goals. 2017 is flying by! Are you on track with your goals? Take some time to look at the goals that you set in the beginning of the year and see where you are with achieving them. What should you be focusing on? What's working? What's not? What can you add and what can you take away?
4. Study new trends in your industry. Sometimes we can get stuck in doing the same old, same old. But in today's time, you can't become complacent. Study what's trending, what's popular, who is popular in your industry, and try to stay ahead of what's going on in order to remain relevant and top-of-mind.
5. Create new content. Take advantage of the season! For example, if Instagram is your most successful platform, head outside and incorporate beautiful scenery into your social media posts.
6. Network! Now that we've shaken off those Winter blues and are in better spirits, the Spring is the perfect time to get out and network. You can usually find fun, outdoor network events targeted to professionals and specific industries. So if indoor coffee networking events aren't your thing, after-work events, brunches, and rooftop events will be prevalent this time of year.
What are you doing to Spring clean your marketing? Let me know in the comments!